February 9, 2012 Leave a comment
Our line-up of speakers for World IA Day, 2012:
- Keynote by Andrea Resmini. He is the co-author of ‘Pervasive Information Architecture’, president of the Information Architecture Institute and founder of the Journal of IA. He will share a variety of personal and professional insights that have contributed to his broad knowledge in the field of cross-channel IA.
- Jason Hobbs (Human Experience Design) will start the day with a brief introduction to information architecture design and will show how it fits into the stew-of-disciplines that contribute to the user experience. He’ll share what it is, where it comes from and why it matters.
- Rian van der Merwe (after several years in Silicon Valley is now Head of Product and User Experience at Kalahari.com) will be offering a case study of how he applied user journeys to consider key paths through the kalahari.com website to optimise the user experience, prioritise design changes and manage a design process that has fundamentally changed Kalahari over the past year, incrementally and into the future.
- Vlad Nedelcu has been responsible for the digital presence of the Times across web and mobile for the past four years. He will be sharing his experience of redesigning The Times and the role that information architecture design played in that process. The joy, the tears and the glory.
- William Saunders has worked as a product and interaction designer both locally and abroad and is currently working with Flow Interactive in Cape Town. He will be sharing his use of information architecture design to improve the MXit user experience.
- Rey Uys as been pioneering the institutionalization of UX in Standard Bank for the past 6 or more years and brings a wealth of knowledge from the realities of design in enterprise spaces. Rey’s talk will cover why IA is important when developing large scale multi-channel, user experience frameworks for organizations.
- Craig Casten has been involved in UX for many years and is currently with Interact RDT in Johannesburg. He will be looking at how IA Design challenges in today’s environment and the path to user understanding.
Our sponsors have been very generous and we’ve got some great give-aways for the day, so get your tickets now at www.webtickets.co.za (WIAD)
World IA Day – invite – download for directions and map